Visa Information for Foreign Travelers

Since January 12, 2009, all nationals and citizens of Visa Waiver Program (VWP) countries who plan to travel to the U.S. for temporary business or pleasure for 90 days or less will be required by law to obtain travel authorization prior to initiating travel to the United States. This authorization can be obtained online through the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA), a free Internet application administered by the U.S. Department of Homeland security.

For additional information about the ESTA please visit this link.

Travelers from countries not in the VWP are still required to obtain a Visa upon entry into the United States. If you need a visa, please submit your abstract AS SOON AS POSSIBLE and then contact

Dr. Enis Tuncer at

to request an accelerated review of your abstract. If the abstract fits the scope of the 2012 IPMHVC, you will receive an abstract acceptance letter without specifying the session placement or format (oral or poster). Details on the abstract placement will be provided together with all the other accepted abstracts by March 12, 2010. Please remember that visa applications can take up to 4 to 6 months for certain countries.