ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING DESIGN AND CONSULTING
PULSED POWER, HIGH VOLTAGE, AND POWER ELECTRONICS TECHNOLOGIES
FROM CONCEPT DESIGN THROUGH VOLUME MANUFACTURING
What Types of Applications Does Ness Engineering Inc. Typically Design For or Consult On?
Ness Engineering Inc. has Development Experience With a Number of Different Pulsed Power, High Voltage, and Power Electronics R&D and Commercial Applications Including (But Not Limited To):
- Basic Scientific Research, such as:
- The Superconducting Supercollider (SSC) and other Accelerator Projects
- High Power Klystron and Microwave Source Development
- Material Enrichment Processes
- Defense Related Research and Experiments, such as:
- High Power Laser Research
- High Power Microwave Effects
- Electric guns (Railguns and Electro-Thermal Guns)
- Electro-optic Sensing
- Radar System Development and Support
- Commercial Applications, such as:
- Semiconductor Photolithography
- Sterilization of Food, Water, Waste Materials, etc.
- Flue Gas Cleanup
- Paint Stripping and Surface Modification
- Electric Rock Crushing and Mining
- Radioisotope Production for Nuclear Medicine
- Material Development and Characterization
What Type of Hardware Does Ness Engineering Inc. Typically Design?
Custom, high voltage, (often high power) power supplies and modulators (pulse generators) have been developed for a variety of
applications. In the case of the power supplies, output voltages from 1 to 100's of kV and average power levels from 1 to 1000 kW
are typical. In the case of the modulators, rep-rates can vary from ~dc to 100's of kHz with similar voltage and average power levels. Peak power levels
can often be substantially higher than the average powers. Quantities developed can range from single concepts/prototypes to volume production with 1000's of units.
Many of these systems utilize solid-state switching (SCRs, IGBTs, MOSFETs, etc.) and often incorporate magnetic pulse compression in order to generate fast output risetimes.
Ness Engineering Inc. is Ready for your Engineering Consulting Challenges With:
- Over 25 years of Industrial Pulsed Power Experience
- 45 U.S. patents granted (and additional pending) involving Pulsed Power or High Voltage Technology
- Advanced Technical Degree involving Pulsed Power R&D Graduate Research
- A Broad Experience Base Including:
- Technical Hardware Design
- Pulsed Power Design
- High Voltage
- Power Electronics
- Controls and Electronics Circuitry and Interfaces
- Controls Software Development
- Pulsed Power and High Voltage Diagnostics
- Fast Data Acquisition Systems
- Mechanical Design and Packaging
- Thermal Management and Cooling
- System Integration and Engineering
- Trade-Off Analyses
- Thermal Analyses
- Efficiency Estimates and Measurements
- Reliability, Maintainability, Hazard, and Safety
- Third Party (UL / TUV) Testing and Evaluation
- Failure Modes, Effects, and Criticality
- Manufacturing Cost Estimates and Cost Reduction
- Design for Manufacturability
- Computer Modeling, Simulation, and Design Tools
- Circuit Simulation (Micro-Cap, PSpice, etc.)
- Electric Field Plotting (QuickField, COSMOS, etc.)
- Mathematical Computation, Analysis, and Graphing (MATLAB, Excel, Origin, LabView, etc.)
- Printed Circuit Board Layout (PCAD, etc.)
- Design Transition to Volume Production
- Part and Module Specifications
- Multi-Level Bill-of-Material (BOM) Creation
- Piece Part, Sub-Assembly, and Assembly Detailed Drawings
- Procurement and Vendor Qualification
- Assembly, Test, and Troubleshooting Procedures
- Staffing and Training
- Logistics, Spares Stocking, and Field Service
Ness Engineering Inc. has the Proven Capability to Develop State-of-the-Art Equipment
1987 - 0.5 MW (Avg.), 60 kHz, Solid State Modulator , using an Array of 2400 Power MOSFETs as Series Output Switch
1988-89 - MV Compact, Rep-Rated, Marx Generator Technology Developed, Shrinking Typical Marx Generator in both Height and Diameter by Over 50%
1993 - 380 kW (Avg.), 600 kV, 50 Hz, Line Type Modulator with Solid State Command Charging Switch
1996-2009 - Multiple Generations of Solid State, Magnetic Modulators for Excimer Lasers Produced in Volume (Over 3000 Units Shipped to Date and Running 24/7 in Semiconductor Fabs All Over the World)
Ness Engineering Inc. is the Only Pulsed Power / High Voltage Consulting Firm in the World with These Unique Capabilities
Well Qualified as a Practicing Engineer with Over 25 Years of Experience in Industrial Pulsed Power, High Voltage, and Power Electronics
Expertise in All Phases of Development from Design Concepts to Volume Production, Testing, Logistics, Field Support, and Third Party (e.g. UL, TUV, etc.) Safety Certification
Proven Skills and Knowledge Necessary to Successfully Implement Pulsed Power / High Voltage Technology into a Highly Demanding Commercial Application
Ness Engineering Inc. has Successfully Worked With and Assisted the Following Companies:
Advanced Molecular Imaging Systems Inc. (AMISI)
Current Audio LLC
Electronics and Manufacturing Co LLC
Excimer Laser Repair Corp.
General Fusion Inc.
iPhoton Solutions Inc.
Missile Defense Agency (MDA)
Optiswitch Technology Corp.
Pulsed Power Technologies Inc.
U.S. Air Force
Valley Engineering Group
As Well as Many Others
What Can We Do for You Today to Help Make You Succeed?
Send consulting inquiries, comments, and suggestions to email@example.com
Ness Engineering, Inc.
P.O. Box 261501
San Diego, CA 92196
(858) 240-2299 FAX
© Richard M. Ness and Ness Engineering, Inc.
free website counter